Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Equipment – this shall be understood as devices, whose proper operation depends on the supply of electric power or on the existence of electromagnetic fields, and which can be used for producing, transmitting or measuring electric current or electromagnetic fields, designed to be used at rated voltage not exceeding 1,000 V AC and 1,500 V DC included in the list of groups specified annex to the Act.
This does not apply to:
- the equipment used for the purpose of protecting the security of Poland, if the equipment is dedicated only for military purposes
- radioactive waste in the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 29 November 2000 – Nuclear Law (Dz. U. of 2012 r. pos. 264 and 908)
- the equipment being a component part of a device itself not falling into the definition of the equipment in the meaning contained in the Act
Introduction to the market
Introduction of a product to the market means paid (e.g. by sale or leasing) or unpaid (by gift, lending) transfer for use or distribution for the first time in the territory of a Member State of the European Union or Member States of the European Free trade Association (EFTA) - a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
Entity introducing the equipment
According to the definition, entity introducing EEE means anyone (people and companies) who performs any of the following activity, regardless of how the sales is done (including internet sales):
- manufactures and sells equipment under their own markings
- sells equipment manufactured by another entity under its own marking
- conducts business activity related to import or intra-Community acquisition of electrical and electronic equipment